Sunday, January 10, 2010

Work/Gym Balance

In Regards to Thing #1: "The Obvious Thing"


Our office complex has a nifty little underground fitness center that I've visited once several years ago.  Well, while waiting for my breakfast to microwave at work this past week, I noticed a flyer for a free week's guest pass at the fitness center, so this past Friday I decided to take advantage of it.

Turns out it has quite a few advantages if I were to join permanently.  It's right next to work, so it's very close if I want to go right before, right after...or even during the workday.  It also wasn't that crowded on the two days I've gone (although, admittedly, I didn't go during the work week proper).  And it has a NICE locker room...unlike my usual 24 Hour Fitness, where you get the sense you'd be less clean coming out of the shower than going in.

So, will try to hit it through this coming Friday, and see how it turns out.  Maybe I'll add it as a supplemental membership to my 24 Hour Fitness one.

2 comments:

  1. I used to go here back when I was a freelancer at RAPP 3 years ago. It's VERY CLEAN, very nice and never crowded. The downside is that it closes early and isn't open on Sundays, if I remember correctly. Since I rarely get out of the office until at LEAST 7, it doesn't do me much good for more than cardio. I also don't remember them having the most VAST weight training equipment.

    But, I have toyed with the idea of going back, if only for the post-work cardio. But, then I'm paying for 2 gyms, instead of one. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the Sunday thing kind of sucks, and they close at 8pm...which, HOPEFULLY, I'd still be able to fit something in during. The fact that there are classes is nice, and maybe this will start to get me going before work.

    ReplyDelete