Sunday, January 10, 2010

Burger #2: Curt's Custom Burger, Take 1 (The Counter)

In Regards to Thing #4: "The Edible Thing"


Location: The Counter; El Segundo, CA

Burger: Custom Made: "The Thanksgiving Blues" (see below)
Price: Unsure (was treated to lunch)
Companions: My sister, Shavahn, and her husband, Daniel
Menu Description: Given that the counter is a "build your own burger" place, I'll have to just list the items I chose: 2/3 lb Turkey Burger, Danish Blue Cheese, Soft Ripened Brie, Dried Cranberries, Grilled Onions, Jalapenos, Sprouts, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Roasted Garlic Aioli, Wasabi Aioli, Onion Bun (I call it "The Thanksgiving Blues" due to the turkey burger, cranberries and blue cheese).
Opinion: The Counter has been a long-time favorite of mine, but I've been stuck on my standard order, which I described above (the brie, jalapenos, sun-dried tomatoes, wasabi aioli and onion bun were new additions to my standard).  I have to say, though...my standard is pretty damn good, and some of the additions made it better (I'll be keeping the sun-dried tomatoes as part of the mix).  All in all, if you enjoy burgers, you're going to be able to put together something you REALLY like. (NOTE: I shall return to The Counter for future reviews, but with completely different concoctions).
Rating (1-10): 8

2 comments:

  1. I like the Counter (and the fact they have Stone on tap), but I've found their turkey patty to be a little on the dry side. I do love the build your own concept and their spreads are always excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My turkey patty seemed fine...but there were enough topping on it, I may just not have noticed. Also...apologies for forgetting to take the picture until I was halfway done with the burger. :)

    ReplyDelete