Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Chipotle Diet

In Regards to Thing #1 ("The Obvious Thing")

Yes, I pretty much have Chipotle for lunch every day.  And yes, it's part of my "diet," although I prefer to think of it as my "eating plan."  But does it work?

"Doesn't Chipotle have, like, 3000 calories in every burrito," I hear you ask.  Damn near, from what I've seen online.  But I regularly have a chicken bowl (with no rice), black beans, diced tomatoes, green salsa and cheese...and this comes in just under 500 calories.  By cutting out the rice and tortilla, you're easily losing half the calories of one of their burritos.

I kept this up (with a sensible breakfast and dinner) for about two months last year, and lost about 15 pounds...I'm trying to stick to that again and repeat the results.  So far, I pretty much have breakfast and lunch nailed down...now to make sure I am more consistent with my dinner...

No comments:

Post a Comment