Thursday, January 28, 2010

Testing, Testing...

In Regards to Thing #2: "The Lingual Thing"


Yesterday, I got my new Rosetta Stone software installed.  Tonight, I tried to boot it up...and experienced major failure with the headset that came with the program.  I could get audio just fine through the headphones, but the attached microphone was not picking up my voice during the audio set-up portion of Rosetta Stone.  The microphone array built into my computer was working, but that didn't do me any good.

But, being the genius that I am, I noted that my XBOX 360 Rock Band microphone also came with a USB jack.  So, I plugged that in, connected my earbuds that I usually use with my iPod Touch...and BAM!  I was ready to rock...so to speak.  It worked like a charm.  More on my beginning experiences with Rosetta Stone later...

No comments:

Post a Comment